Terms & Conditions
Welcome to http://www.househomedesign.com.au/ (our Site).
This Site gives you an opportunity to browse and purchase interior design products and services offered by Angela Hinchcliffe (ABN 36 190 863 845) trading as House & Home Design Studio (House & Home Design Studio, we, us).
These Terms and Conditions (Terms) govern your use of this Site, as well as House & Home Design Studio’s products and services, and form a binding contractual agreement between you and us.
Subject to any subsequent agreements you may be required to enter with us, these Terms constitute the entire agreement between you and us and supersedes all prior agreements, conduct, representations and understandings.
House & Home Design Studio’s products and services are intended for people aged 18 and over. Our products and services may be purchased for users that are under the age of 18, but only where an adult agrees to purchase our products or engage our services on behalf of a minor.
Acceptance of Terms
• By accessing or engaging the services offered on our Site you agree to be bound by these Terms, which you acknowledge that you have read and understood.
• We may change all or part of these Terms at any time. If we do, the new terms and conditions will be posted on this Site. Your continued use of the Site will constitute your acceptance of any changes.
• You acknowledge and agree that each room and living space is different, and whilst we will endeavor to provide you with the best results through our courses and services, results are also dependent on factors such as product availability and the information and materials you provide to us (including the accuracy of any lighting, colours and dimensions in photographs).
• You acknowledge and agree that It is also your responsibility to ensure that suggested pieces fit within your home, building entry points and doorways, before proceeding with the order. We do not take any responsibility if the pieces do not fit through doorways or where intended.
• You acknowledge and agree that computer displays and resolutions may vary, and as a result we cannot guarantee that the actual colours of products as represented online are accurate to the colour of the product in real life. Where possible, we recommend you visit the showroom of the supplier before committing to any purchases.
• You acknowledge and agree that any product warranty is the responsibility of the manufacturer or where the items were purchased, including where House & Home Design Studio purchased the item through wholesale and bespoke retailers. House & Home Design Studio cannot be held responsible for the warranty of any products you purchase based on our advice.
Registering your Details
• Before you purchase our products and/or services, you must register an account with us.
• You must provide accurate, complete and up-to-date registration information, as requested, and it is your responsibility to inform us of any changes to your registration information.
• We may at any time request a form of identification to verify your identity.
• If you are a registered user or member to this Site, you acknowledge and agree that:
• You are solely responsible for protection and confidentiality of any password or member identification that may be issued to or subscribed for by you from time to time (Password);
• You will not reveal (or cause to be revealed through any act or omission) your Password to any other person;
• You will immediately notify us if your Password is lost or becomes known to any other person;
• You are solely responsible for all access to and use of this site via your Password, whether such access or use is by you or any other person; and
• You must ensure the security and confidentiality of your registration details, including any username and/or Password. You must notify us immediately if they become aware of any unauthorised use of your registered details.
• Where a member service is for one user only, you will not let any other person use your Password or any registered user or member services.
• All material on this Site or otherwise produced by us including (but not limited to) photographs, text and other graphics (Our Content), is subject to copyright. While you may browse or print Our Content for non-commercial or personal use, you must obtain our prior written permission if you’d like to use, copy or reproduce it. Modification of Our Content for any other purpose is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights, and is strictly prohibited.
• The trade marks, logos, and service marks displayed on our Site are the registered or unregistered trademarks of House & Home Design Studio. The trade marks whether registered or unregistered, may not be used in connection with any product or service that does not belong to House & Home Design Studio or in any manner likely to cause confusion with customers.
• Payment must be made upfront at the engagement of House & Home Design Studio’s services or on purchase of House & Home Design Studio’s products including but not limited to our Quick Consult, Colour Consulting, Online Design, Interior Styling, New Homes & Renovations and Styling to Sell services. We accept payment via Square.
• Where another agent or enterprise is debiting funds pursuant to an arrangement entered into with us, you also affirm the same rights and undertakings explained in these Terms to them.
Online Course Satisfaction Guarantee
• We believe in our online course so much that if you are unsatisfied with your House & Home Design Studio online course outcomes, we will refund your fees (excluding any deposit paid), provided you have:
• attached the completed tasks and submitted work for the first two course modules;
• attended the scheduled phone call or video meetings with us as part of the first two course modules; and
• communicated in writing any dissatisfaction at an early stage of the programme, to give House & Home Design Studio the opportunity to address any of your concerns, before the scheduled meeting date specified in the third course module, by emailing House & Home Design Studio at email@example.com (Two Module Satisfaction Guarantee).
• Any refund requests under the Two Module Satisfaction Guarantee that are outside the scope of that set out above will be assessed on a case-by-case basis and will be granted at the sole discretion of the House & Home Design Studio team.
• The disclaimers, liability limitations and indemnities within these Terms do not exclude rights that by law may not be excluded. Such rights include, but are not limited to, those rights under Australian Consumer Laws.
• In no event will we be liable for any damages whatsoever arising out of or related to the use or reliance upon our products or services.
• You indemnify us from all actions, suits, claims, demands, liabilities, costs, expenses, loss and damage (including legal fees on a full indemnity basis) incurred or suffered by you or us as a direct or indirect consequence of House & Home Design Studio’s services.
• House & Home Design Studio’s contact hours are between 9am and 4pm from Tuesday to Friday. Any attempted contact outside of these hours will be attended to as soon as possible by the House & Home Design Studio team.
• We may assign or transfer our obligations under these Terms at any time, subject to giving you four (4) weeks prior notice in writing.
• If a dispute arises between the parties in relation to these Terms, the dispute must be dealt with in accordance with clauses 25-30.
• Any party claiming that a dispute exists must notify the other party to the dispute (Second Party) in writing of the nature of the dispute.
• In the case of claims against us, all notices are to be provided to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If the dispute is not resolved by agreement within five business days of the Second Party receiving the notice referred to above, either party may refer the matter to mediation conducted by a mediator agreed between the parties within a further five business days or failing agreement within that period, as appointed by the executive director for the time being of the Australian Commercial Disputes Centre Limited.
• Once a mediator is appointed, the parties agree that:
• The costs of the mediator shall be borne equally between the disputing parties.
• The chosen mediator shall determine the procedures for mediation.
• The chosen mediator will not have the power or authority to make any other determination in relation to the dispute.
• If the parties have not mediated a resolution of the dispute within 10 business days of the selection of a mediator, neither party shall be obliged to continue any attempt at mediation under this clause, and either party may then commence such legal proceedings as it considers fit in relation to the dispute.
• These Terms shall be construed in accordance with and governed by the laws of New South Wales. You consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in New South Wales to determine any matter or dispute which arises between us.
• We welcome enquiries or feedback on our Site. If you have questions or comments regarding this Site, or House & Home Design Studio products or services, please email us at email@example.com.
Trading Name: Angela Hinchliffe t/as House & Home Design Studio
ABN: 36 190 863 845
Telephone: 0407 017 749
House & Home Design Studio
ABN: 361 908 63 845
Angie Hinchliffe – Principal Designer
0407 017749 firstname.lastname@example.org
P.O Box 388, Glenbrook NSW 2773